Thursday, January 18, 2007

My new blog


Well, after sojourning from the blogging world for a while, I've decided to return. I feel like this might be a little different than my last one, so consider this first post the 'apologia' for my new writings.
First off, let me clarify what this blog is not. This is not personal journal or window into my everyday life. I question the motivation of people who publish their lives on the internet for the entire world to see. There are some things that should remain private.
This is not a place for me to complain and breed cynicism. I do not think that there is a place for cynicism within the Christian world view. Cynicism is despair, and we have exchanged despair for hope.
This is not a place for me to criticize the church, government or individuals. I may say critical things, but I will try not to without a viable, or biblical alternative. Jim Wallis points out that it is easy to protest, but alternatives are better.
This blog is a place where I will attempt to think publicly about various issues that effect my everyday life. For this reason, it will be a personal journal of sorts. People who know me know that I am interested in politics, so I will probably write on politics from time to time. I also plan on writing about new things I am learning and reading that I think could be a benefit to others. I hope that things that I write inspire discussion, but most importantly thought. Finally, this goes without saying but, I am not an expert or a scholar so please be gracious.

No comments: